Cherry Hill NJ Marijuana Possession Lawyer
Drug Charges Defense Attorney in Camden County, New Jersey
Despite what some may say, possession of marijuana even in small amounts is a very serous charge that can carry significant consequences that will have an affect on many aspects of your life . A conviction will leave a mark on your record that could affect future educational and employment opportunities. You may also receive jail time, fines, and probation. If you have been charged with marijuana possession, you will need talented and experienced criminal defense attorney to help you get the most desirable outcome in your case.
The attorneys at the Law Offices of Leonard Biddison have had tremendous success handling a huge volume of cases for years in Camden County including Cherry Hill, Haddonfield, Gloucester, and Winslow Twp. Also, one of the members of our criminal defense team is a former county prosecutor in New Jersey who used to prosecute drug charges for the State which means we know what kinds of arguments the prosecution might make. If you have been charged with possession of marijuana, having an attorney who knows what it takes to potentially beat the charges against you is imperative. Call the Law Offices of Leonard Biddison at 877-450-8301 anytime for a free initial consultation.
Possession of Marijuana Lawyer in Camden NJ
Possession of marijuana is explained under N.J.S.A. 2C:35-10(a) in New Jersey. It provides:
(3) Possession of more than 50 grams of marijuana, including any adulterants or dilutants, or more than five grams of hashish is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree, except that, notwithstanding the provisions of subsection b. of N.J.S.2C:43-3, a fine of up to $25,000.00 may be imposed; or
(4) Possession of 50 grams or less of marijuana, including any adulterants or dilutants, or five grams or less of hashish is a disorderly persons offense.
Possession of Marijuana Penalties
For simple marijuana possession (under 50 grams), the case will take place in the municipal court in the municipality that the offense was committed in. The penalties are as follows:
- up to six (6) months in the county jail,
- up to a $1,000.00 fine,
- permanent criminal charge on your record.
- six-month suspension of your driving privileges in the state of New Jersey.
Marijuana possession of more than 50 grams is a fourth degree crime. The penalties are:
- Up to 18 months in NJ State Prison
- Financial penalties ($750 Drug Enforcement Demand Reduction (DEDR) penalty and a $50 laboratory fee)
Note: If you receive a license suspension, you can make a hardship application if you can show a good reason why it should not be suspended. Also, if you do not have a prior record, you may be eligible for the Pre-Trial Intervention Program or the Conditional Discharge Program. Completion of either of these will result in dismissal of the charges against you. You still may have to pay certain program fees however.
Contact a Winslow Twp. NJ Marijuana Possession Lawyer for a Free Consultation
The criminal defense attorneys at the Law Offices of Leonard Biddison are always available to speak with you about your case and begin to formulate an aggressive strategy to defend you against a marijuana possession charge. Our criminal defense team understands the details of the law in New Jersey and we will use this knowledge to help you best defend against these charges. Call us today at 877-450-8301 for a free initial consultation about your case.