Camden County NJ Sexual Assault Lawyer
Sex Crimes Defense Attorney with Offices in Haddonfield, New Jersey
- Sexual assault is an extremely serious crime in New Jersey and the penalties that result from a conviction can be severe. Prosecutors will often seek out the maximum penalties allowed under the law in these cases. Further, sexual assault cases are often very complicated and must be handled sensitively. If you have been charged with sexual assault, it is in your best interest to contact a skilled attorney who has experience dealing with these situations and can help get you the best result in your case.
The criminal defense lawyers at the Law Offices of Leonard D. Biddison represents clients charged with a range of sexual offenses including aggravated sexual assault, criminal sexual contact, lewdness, and prostitution. In fact, Mr. Biddison has had a number of sex crimes trials over the years and is highly experienced in handling these very sensitive cases. Our firm focuses on the investigation process and employs the services of a retired New Jersey State trooper to gather evidence, write reports, and take witness statements if necessary. Further, one of our attorneys previously worked with the sex crimes unit at the United States Attorney’s Office. Our criminal defense team will sit down with you and draft a comprehensive defense strategy to combat these serious charges. Don’t let these charges (or even the accusation) ruin your life, contact the Law Offices of Leonard D. Biddison immediately for a free initial consultation at 866-721-9510.
Sexual Assault Statute: N.J.S.A. 2C:14-2
The law for sexual assault in New Jersey is covered under N.J.S.A. 2C:14-2. It provides:
b. An actor is guilty of sexual assault if he commits an act of sexual contact with a victim who is less than 13 years old and the actor is at least four years older than the victim.
c. An actor is guilty of sexual assault if he commits an act of sexual penetration with another person under any one of the following circumstances:
(1) The actor uses physical force or coercion, but the victim does not sustain severe personal injury;
(2) The victim is on probation or parole, or is detained in a hospital, prison or other institution and the actor has supervisory or disciplinary power over the victim by virtue of the actor’s legal, professional or occupational status;
(3) The victim is at least 16 but less than 18 years old and:
(a) The actor is related to the victim by blood or affinity to the third degree; or
(b) The actor has supervisory or disciplinary power of any nature or in any capacity over the victim; or
(c) The actor is a resource family parent, a guardian, or stands in loco parentis within the household;
(4) The victim is at least 13 but less than 16 years old and the actor is at least four years older than the victim.
Sexual Assault Penalties
Sexual assault is a second degree crime in New Jersey. As such, penalties can include:
- 5 to 10 years in New Jersey State Prison, with presumption of incarceration
- Community supervision for life
- Megan’s law registration
Contact a Gloucester NJ Sexual Assault Lawyer for a Free Consultation
The criminal defense attorneys at the Law Offices of Leonard Biddison are always available to speak with you about your case and begin to formulate an aggressive strategy to defend you against a sexual assault charge. Our criminal defense team understands the details of the law in New Jersey and we will use this knowledge to help you best defend against these charges. Call us today at 866-721-9510 for a free initial consultation about your case.