Camden County NJ Drug Charges Lawyer
Criminal Defense Attorney with Offices in Haddonfield, New Jersey
NJ prosecutors have really begun to crack down on drug crimes in recent years. Marijuana use has become so prevalent that other states are beginning to legalize it. However, law enforcement in New Jersey have been directed to be unforgiving when it comes to marijuana possession because marijuana is viewed as a gateway drug to other more harmful controlled substances. As a result, being caught with even a trace amount of marijuana can have serious repercussions, including heavy fines and jail time. Worst of all, a drug crime conviction will show up on your permanent record.
With offices conveniently located in Haddonfield and Philadelphia, our experienced criminal defense lawyers appear on a daily basis in courts throughout Camden, Burlington, and Gloucester counties, including in Cherry Hill, Winslow Twp., Pine Hill, and Voorhees.
If you are under investigation for a drug crime in New Jersey, it is absolutely vital that you speak with an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. Do not put your legal rights in jeopardy by making admissions to law enforcement. Do not sign any documents provided by the police. Do not consent to any searches requested by the police. Call the Law Offices of Leonard D. Biddison immediately. Our legal team includes lawyers with almost 40 years of combined experience in criminal and DWI defense. Additionally, we have a track record of success when it comes to defending our clients against drug charges in Municipal and Superior courts throughout the state.
Drug Crime Defense Lawyer in Cherry Hill NJ
Our experienced criminal defense lawyers have successfully defended clients against all kinds of drug charges, including:
- Simple Possession of Marijuana (under 50 grams)
- Possession of More than 50 grams of Marijuana
- Marijuana Possession with Intent to Distribute
- Cocaine Possession
- Cocaine Distribution
- Heroin Possession
- Heroin Distribution
- Possession and Distribution of Adderall
- Possession and Distribution of Xanax
- Possession and Distribution of Vicodin
- Possession and Distribution of Valium
- Possession and Distribution of Suboxone
- Possession and Distribution of Roxycontin
- Possession and Distribution of Ritalin
- Possession and Distribution of Percocet
- Possession and Distribution of Morphine
- Possession and Distribution of Methadone
- Possession and Distribution of Synthetic Marijuana
- Possession of a Hypodermic Needle
- Prescription Drug Offenses
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Failure to Make Lawful Disposition of a CDS
- Being Under the Influence of Drugs in Public
- Leader of a Drug Trafficking Network
- New Jersey Tier Classifications
- Possession of a CDS in a Motor Vehicle
- Loitering or Wandering in a Drug Zone:N.J.S.A. 2C:33-2.1
- Obtaining a CDS by Fraud
Since NJ prosecutors aggressively prosecute all of these offenses, the penalties for a drug crime conviction can be severe. There are also collateral consequences, including the embarrassment and humiliation that comes with having a drug crime conviction appear on your permanent record. In the age of the Internet, this can be especially damaging to your personal and professional relationships because your criminal record will be easily accessible by anyone online.
Contact a Gloucester NJ Drug Charges Lawyer for a Free Consultation
At the Law Offices of Leonard D. Biddison, our staff of experienced criminal defense attorneys included a former municipal prosecutor, as well as a former county prosecutor. Having this kind of experience gives us a major advantage when we challenge the evidence in your drug case because we know how the other side thinks and can anticipate their arguments. We will thoroughly review the circumstances of your arrest to determine whether any constitutional issues should preclude the evidence against you from being used in court. In past cases, we’ve successfully challenged invalid motor vehicle stops and illegal searches when law enforcement failed to follow proper procedures.
Even if the evidence against you is particularly strong, we may be able to help you avoid prison by seeking alternative sentencing options such as Pre-Trial Intervention (PTI), drug court, conditional discharge, or a drug treatment program. As a result, a first-time marijuana offender can potentially avoid prison time and keep their permanent record clear of a drug crime conviction.
Call us today at 866-721-9510 so that we can look over your file and determine whether you might be eligible for admission into one of these programs.